Plumbing emergencies can be a nightmare and it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time. However, many people panic and seek emergency help for issues that may not exactly be a plumbing emergency. To avoid that from happening, we’re here to let you know what is considered a plumbing emergency.
Common Plumbing Emergencies
First, let’s dive into what the most common plumbing emergencies are. One of them is flooding due to a burst pipe or failed sump pump. If this happens, you need to call an experienced emergency plumber ASAP. Flooding can cause significant damage, costing you thousands on repairs and weeks of headaches. If you end up in this situation, it probably happened at the worst time. We are fully aware of inconvenient timing, which is why we always have a plumber standing by when you need it the most.
The other common plumbing emergency is caused by a sewer backup. Backed-up sewer lines are a health hazard that needs to be taken care of right away. When sewage reaches its backup point, it can smell awful and cause your water to stop running.
What Is a Sign of a Potential Plumbing Emergency?
- If you enter a room in your home or even in your backyard and you see a river of water or sewage, you have an emergency.
- If you smell sewage and notice water isn’t running through your home or if you have a septic tank that shows water seeping from the ground, call a 24/7 plumber right away.
- If your home is completely out of water, this could be a sign of a main water line issue or something else wrong with your home. You can tell if your neighbors have water and you don’t. In this case, contact a same-day plumbing company immediately.
- A burst pipe in your home or garage is usually easy to spot. If something bursts under or around your home, it can take a long time for anyone to notice. Make sure you’re monitoring your water pressure and checking for standing water if something seems off. A burst pipe is a plumbing emergency that must be dealt with immediately.
What Isn’t a Plumbing Emergency?
- Slow running drains: Reduced or low water pressure could be a plumbing emergency, but it may also be something that can wait for routine maintenance. Call a licensed plumber to ask what you can do to ensure it is not an emergency.
- Inspections: If you think there’s a problem with your water heater, sump pump, or pipes, reach out to a licensed plumber (like us) and schedule a comprehensive inspection and maintenance of your home to avoid unforeseen emergencies.
- Slow, manageable leaks: Your home matters. Our certified emergency plumbers are available to help troubleshoot your plumbing questions. Sometimes, a leak can be manageable and not something that requires the extra expense of an immediate need. Our team can help you identify whether you have an emergency plumbing need or something that can be scheduled and repaired.
- Appliance Installations: If you’re like most homeowners, buying a new kitchen or bathroom appliance and getting it installed ASAP may feel like an emergency, but it’s not. However, you can trust our plumbing technicians to get your guaranteed installation done right the first time when you call and request an installation appointment.
Get Your Water Filtration System Installed by the Best in Vancouver with Pilot Plumbing and Drain
When you need to find the best water filtration services in Vancouver, WA, you don’t need to look further than Pilot Plumbing and Drain. We help our customers figure out what kind of system they want, find the appropriately sized one for their home, and get it installed quickly and efficiently. Our expertly trained staff have helped homeowners throughout the area get their new filtration system, including Amboy, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Kalama, Kelso, La Center, Longview, Ridgefield, Washougal, Woodland, Hazel Dell, and Yacolt, WA, as well as Portland, OR.
We also provide our valued customers with water line repairs and water line replacements when they need them.
When you work with us, you’re ensuring that the service you get is backed by the trust and confidence of thousands of other satisfied customers. Contact us to schedule your next service call with our expert technicians today!