Your plumbing system acts in a similar fashion as the veins and arteries of your body. Water is distributed through pipes and fixtures around your home and any waterborne waste is removed safely. Because it is hidden behind the walls and beneath the floors, it can easily be forgotten about.
Your plumbing is a complex system and needs to be well maintained to function properly. A problem in one area of your home can cause problems elsewhere. Take for example a sink that is draining more and more slowly. Is it a clog causing the problem or is the problem located elsewhere?
Pouring chemicals down the sink may remove the clog, or it may not, it depends on where the problem is. If it is a clog, it may be located yards away and so the chemicals may not even reach it. You could be making the problem worse; overuse of harsh chemicals may damage older pipework and joints and cause a leak.
You should get an experienced drain cleaning service offered by Pilot Plumbing & Drain. We are Vancouver’s most trusted drain cleaning service; just check our many positive reviews online. We are open 24/7, so if you have any plumbing emergency, we are just one phone call away.
Some Signs That You Need a Professional Drain Cleaning Service
You should be on the lookout for the following warning signs that you need a professional drain cleaning service. Ignoring them could land you with an expensive repair bill!
- Is your toilet always blocking after flushing? If it is then you need a professional drain cleaning service from Pilot Plumbing & Drain.
- One thing you should NOT do is to keep flushing the toilet if it is blocked, it is likely to overflow. If it does overflow, call us immediately. This is not a job you should do yourself. Our technicians use protective clothing to reduce the risk of infection.
- Be careful what you put down the toilet. It comes as a surprise to most people that items like wet wipes and Kleenex tissue paper should not be flushed down a toilet for any reason.
- These products are not intended to dissolve quickly in water like toilet paper and are the cause of many blockages.
- If not disposed of away properly can cause toilet overflows and ruin flooring and carpeting.
- Pouring strong chemicals down a toilet is not a good idea either, as repeated use can corrode and damage older pipework. The chemicals could also end up on your bathroom floor should the toilet overflow.
- Is the water in your sink or bathtub taking longer and longer to empty? Is the water in your shower tray covering your ankles when you take a shower? You most likely have a clog somewhere in your pipework.
- Clogs are formed when grease, food, coffee grinds, hair, and other materials stick to the inside of your pipes. As this matter accumulates over time, the clog will grow and slowly reduce the water flowing through the drain.
- Ignoring this sign will allow the clog to grow and will completely block the pipe unless you have a professional drain cleaning service.
- Do the clogs keep returning? Pouring strong chemicals down a sink may remove clogs temporarily, but if the clog has been in place for some time, it can be difficult to remove completely, and it may be injuring the integrity of your pipes.
- Do you live in a hard water region? In hard water regions, minerals that are dissolved in the water can form layers of insoluble scale. This can add to your clog problem.
- Do you hear gurgling noises? As water flows over a clog it creates air bubbles, causing the gurgling sound you hear as the sink clears.
- You see water backing up into your sink or bathtub – water backing up means you have a serious problem, especially if the water is discolored.
- It could mean that your sewer line may be blocked. If any wastewater from your toilet cannot leave your home, the only place
- This a serious health matter and you need a professional drain cleaning service immediately. An inspection may reveal that your sewer line is damaged, in which case it will need repairing or replacing.
- There are unpleasant smells, particularly if the sewer line is blocked. This could be the reason. It could also be due to food being trapped in the U-bend pipe and pouring some gentle cleanser down the sink which will usually remove softer blockages.
- However, If it does not, then you may need to undo the U-bend to remove any trapped material or use a drain snake. If you are not confident doing this then please call Pilot Plumbing & Drain for assistance.
- You now have lots of flies unexpectedly, then it could be that they are attracted to food trapped in your drainage pipes.
- You can smell sewer gas that contains ammonia, carbon monoxide, and other hazardous gases which are hazardous to your health.
You can avoid many of these problems by taking simple precautions. For example, do not pour warm grease or food down a sink. The only items that you should put down a toilet are human waste, toilet paper, and some gentle chemicals. We also suggest that you have your plumbing system regularly maintained, as this will pick up on small problems before they become major ones.
Let Pilot Plumbing & Drain Perform your Drain Cleaning Service in Vancouver, WA
Pilot Plumbing & Drain is the drain cleaning service expert in Vancouver, WA. Carefully removing clogs or blockages is a task for one of our highly skilled technicians. In inexperienced hands, damage can be done to your pipework or sewer line.
We understand that cleaning up after an overflowed toilet or blocked drain can be stressful for you and puts your family at risk. You just want somebody to come over quickly to clean the mess up. We have many years of experience in cleaning and unblocking drains, and we can quickly locate and remove any problem. We are on call 24 hours a day, every day, ready to help.